Monday, June 13, 2011

Post - Op Week 3: swimming and sitting

I finally got Bailey into the pool…this was her first time in deep water versus kiddy pool where she plucks down….she had her life vest on (I will defenatley get some pictures of that) and everything was going good till she panicked, she saw stairs and that’s the only place she wanted to go…I was afraid she was going to scratch the pool so I got in front of her to steer her back towards me…I had my arms under her but when I got in front I ended up lifting her front legs and she went into doggy paddle versus under water paddle and scratched the cr@p out of me…I helped her out by lifting her up and out….few minutes later got her back in and it went a lot smoother, she did use her hind leg while in the water kicking..so thats a good sign, she is also using it more to stay on it..when she plays with our cat she uses leg more often to keep her balance while they are wrestling..so I think more cat play is in order J


pool 15 x 48"



Life vest bought it in academy for $17.00 (i think)





I had also noticed the sitting position...



Clearly you can see her L hip (normal hip) folded and sticking out..where her R one is almost folded lower under her…it does not seem to effect her and she does look straight but when compared there is an obvious difference....

No comments:

Post a Comment